I asked you, “You’re going to miss me!?” and you scoffed, “You wish!” And we laughed and drank our beers.
You nonchalantly said you didn’t care who you drove home that night. You ended up taking me home.
On the way home you said you were glad you took me home. I’m glad you did, too.
On the way home you said that you would miss me.
You act tough, and I don’t doubt that you are, you’re one of the strongest people I know (mentally and physically). But you’re a great friend. You’re one of the best friend’s I’ve ever had.
I hope I don’t lose you.
So I got a couple of messages asking me how I usually paint/color.
1) I like to use the lasso tool and gradient tool to block out shapes like the hair and face shape.
2) Set my brush to low flow and block out the eye sockets and drop shadows.
3) Draw in the features.
4) Colour balance (ctrl+b) my grayscale layer. Red+yellow or red+blue depending on what type of skin colour.
5) Create a new layer on top and set it as ‘soft light’. I get most of my colours from this. Put more on the lips, ears, nose etc etc
6) Create a ‘multiply’ layer and go over with a light coat of color. Multiply tends to over darken things so take it easy. You can add a new normal layer over this and paint over with more details.
7) Add highlights!! Clean up!! I like to keep my stuff loose so I don’t really clean up much.
so yea, it goes something like this
I woke up this morning to the pain in my shoulders, brought upon carrying a laptop bag (yay 17” laptop) and a heavy (hello kitty!) duffel-like bag all day yesterday. This is definitely not helping my poor spine…yay scoliosis!
Today was the first day of training. Thankfully it took up half a day, so the other trainees and I decided to explore the surrounding area of Omiya. This area has a lot of really ornate buildings; it’s like cruising down Kahala, huge beautiful houses with smaller, homely, old houses scattered throughout.
We ended up finding a Don Quijote, which is always an adventure. Then stopped at some cheap ramen shop where I ate…. curry. Even then, it was still delicious.
I also got my housing information today, from the description of it, it seems fairly small. Ah well. It says I have a balcony, at least! Although I have a feeling this balcony will be more like a… window that sticks out a bit. :\
I also received more information about my classes, and apparently I’ll only be teaching children and businessmen. I was hoping for high school or college kids, then I could just talk to them about One Piece or video games, or some-such.
I guess I can talk to them about beer…
Day 2 is up ~
"i just… really don’t want to meet a disappointing end, with someone burning my bones without even knowing who they belonged to" | jean kirschtein requested by x
art credit x